Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Old Window Frames

I saw this old window frame turned picture frame at a store in town. I liked it so much that I snapped a picture of it with my phone. Of course, the picture doesn't quite do it justice.


Whoever made this took an old window frame to display and frame a piece of art. This particular example has what looks like a watercolor painting embellished with dried leaves. The combination created a striking pairing of the soft brush strokes with the crisp and textured leaves.

I have a few old window frames from my uncle. I've been meaning to turn them into some sort of framed display. I've contemplated attaching mesh to the back so that I can hang earrings and other jewelry. Another idea I've had is to make the backing out of cork board; it could make a great bulletin board with the lattice work helping to organize pinned ideas. I'm also tempted to try my hand at something like the image above. I'm not really a painter (at all), but I do love to work with scrapbook paper, embellishments, beads, and wire! Perhaps I can figure out something clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment