Saturday, May 14, 2011

Summer Dresses

It appears mother nature cannot quite decide what kind of weather she would like to send our way...It has been too chilly to call it spring, except for the handful of days that reached the upper 80s. Now, however, I am back to wearing jeans and a fleece, complete with mittens. My movable pieces of my garden have taken up lodging in my garage for the time being. Since I started my plants indoors from seeds this year, I am not willing to risk losing them after a month of nurturing because the frost decided to return. But I titled this post summer dresses for a reason...

This awkward weather pattern has left me desperate for summery dresses. Last week, I tried to continue wearing skirts and sandals to work after the sunshine disappeared, and my toes and legs protested by covering themselves in prickling little goosebumps. Tonight, despite the cold air and the fact that I am wearing fingerless mittens, a fleece, long pants, and slippers, I have wasted away part of my evening (admittedly, it has been a large part) searching for a new summer dress at my favorite online sites. I have had very little success, which has left quite another chill in the room. There just aren't that many casual dresses out there at the moment. Either that, or I am too picky. The dress I'm looking for does have to meet a pretty severe checklist:

1. Be on sale
2. Be under $40 (Ideally, it would come with free shipping, too, but if I can find a good enough bargain, I'm willing to pay some shipping.)
3. Have straps
4. Have thicker straps so that I am not showing off my unmentionables
5. Have a not-too-plunging neckline so that I am not showing off my other unmentionables
6. Hit just above the knee
7. Be available in my size
8. Be available in a fun color or pattern

I guess it is no wonder that I am struggling to find the perfect summer dress tonight. Better luck next time, I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment