Sunday, April 17, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

I'm not entirely sure why, but I had the sudden urge this weekend to create a blog for myself. I like to call myself a writer, but lately, I really haven't been doing much of it. Aside from updating my jewelry blog/website and writing an introductory speech for an upcoming event, I haven't done any writing, which makes me sad. I use to love to write, and I want to find that love again. I don't suspect that I actually lost it; it's still in me, but I don't take the time to draw it out. So, I guess I am blogging in order to rediscover my inner writer. I had a heck of a time trying to come up with a name/address for my blog because it took me a while to find a name that I didn't find limiting. At first I tried garden-type names because I am an urban container gardener, which I thought about using as writing inspiration. On the other hand, I also have two crazy dogs...but a name about German short-hair pointers quickly became too tedious. Because I anticipate many sources of inspiration, I didn't want my writing to be limited by a title. I foresee this blog being more like a great meal: something will probably emerge as the main course, but there will be many side dishes to choose from as well. Like my Thanksgiving dinner plate, there will be a dollop of this and a dollop of that. Ultimately, I think "Dakota Daisy" came to mind simply because I enjoy my Mid-western life, and daisies always make me happy. At least it's a place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment